1. Seek to focus on what you want instead of what you don’t want:A mistake we tend to make when we’re faced with a problem is to think and talk about it all the time - instead of focusing our thinking on what we want instead.
2. Recognize that every problem comes with a lesson: There’s a lesson to be learned from all that happens to us. We can become a better person - even when things have gone wrong.
3. Don’t believe everything you think:Our problems aren’t as big as the mind tries to convince us. Don’t believe all those negative and self-defeating thoughts.
4. Choose to be grateful in everything:Although it’s hard to be grateful when things are going wrong, we can usually find something we can be grateful for - and the more we choose gratitude, the happier we’ll feel.
5. Let go of your need for perfection: If you try to be perfect in everything you do, you will always feel you’re failing, and you’ll live with constant stress. Do you best – as perfection’s not a realistic goal.
6. Let go of your resistance: Accept things as they are - you don’t always have to change them. Life’s not meant to be a struggle, or a constant battle ground.
7. Seek to be present in everything you do: When you give yourself completely to living in the moment, you’ll find that life is easier - and you’ll feel much more relaxed.
Welcome back from the Thanksgiving Holiday. Finals are just around the corner, and now is the time to plan for success. Some time-honored ways to ace exams include…
1. Having a study group 2. Using flashcards to memorize key points 3. Revi…ewing and summarizing assigned readings 4. Rewriting your lecture notes to identify key points 5. Contacting your professor if you have any questions
Good luck with the final weeks of class. Work hard, believe in yourself, and go for the gold!